CBSE Pre-Medical Entrance Test 2009

For Medical Entrance (AIIMS/PMT) Examination Preparation

Moderator: monika

CBSE Pre-Medical Entrance Test 2009

Postby shalini » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:39 pm

Around 9,000 students from the tricity and the neighbouring states of Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh faced the CBSE Pre-Medical Entrance Test this morning. The test was held at 16 centres across the city.
Anxious parents accompanying their wards were seen checking roll numbers and the seating arrangement outside the examination centres.

Students appearing for the test gave a positive feedback after the exam. “The paper was balanced and not as difficult as I had thought it would be. A thorough understanding of the subjects helped me crack most of the questions,” said Saloni Sharma, a student. Revision was the key to crack the multiple-choice question paper, most added.

“I devoted the last two months to revising the subjects,” said Niharika Bansal, another student.

Teachers were also equally positive.

On the physics section, Professor S C Gupta said, “The section was on the lines of what we were expecting. The paper followed the pattern without specific changes. Students who had prepared the basics are expected to perform well.”

The chemistry section also drew favourable feedback from teachers as well as students. Dr Ashok Kataria, a lecturer in chemistry, said the paper was balanced and covered all three sections of the syllabus in equal proportion. The questions were easy to comprehend and answer, he added.

On the biology section, Professor Harpal Singh, maintained the paper was conceptual in nature and needed a thorough understanding of the basics. “Those who studied NCERT books thoroughly instead of resorting to cramming help books stand to gain in the exam,” he added.

Those who qualify in the prelims will face the CBSE mains scheduled for May 10 which will be subjective in nature.
shalini
Developer
Developer

Return to Medical Entrance (AIIMS/PMT)